ShiftApp has a unique Shift Agreement system that allows:
- Employees to confirm their acceptance of shift assignments
- Managers to see:
- confirmed acceptance in advance of assigning employees
- employees who have accepted or declined their existing shift assignments
Employees can show their shift agreement as either accepted or declined for all their shifts on the schedule.
How schedule managers use this information is up to them. For example:
- Managers could request that employees show their acceptance for future planned shifts in order to be considered for assignment to those shifts (This is an excellent strategy for casual staff and ad-hoc shifts).
- Managers could request that employees show their acceptance for all shifts to which the employee has been assigned. (This scheme gives the managers peace of mind that the employees have acknowledged their shift assignments.)
- Shift Agreements can be completely disabled in Workforce Settings if this feature is not wanted or needed.
An optional setting allows managers to prevent changes to the agreement for confirmed shifts. This stops employees from using the system to decline shifts at short notice (Employees, therefore, need to directly contact a schedule manager to request any late change).